Thursday, September 22, 2011

64 Crayons

It all started with a box of 64 crayons with the sharpener on the back. I've wanted to be an artist ever since that first box. More years later than I care to think about, I read "The Last Lecture" and the rest is history. Even now when I get a whiff of that crayon smell, I instantly find myself back in that place of having a brand new box of crayons and feeling like I was the next best thing to Monet. (Although I didn't know who he was at the time.)
Crayons continue to be my indirect inspiration but now faith and my everyday life have moved to the forefront. Just about anything can be my materials (including used dryer sheets). But I don't use crayons any more. Maybe I should. Just in case you were wondering, no my new camera isn't here yet. I found this great image on the internet. Thank you to whoever took this phenominal picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment