Saturday, September 24, 2011

Time

I think I have been operating under the false assumption that I am the one that determines when it is the "right" time to do something. I have tried this artful life before thinking that somehow that was the right time. But things just didn't go anywhere - little response or interest and my energy and interest for it all faded rather quickly. It feels different this time - I think. Yesterday as we were working on a concept for work, I was actually asked "Carole, could you draw this. I need a way to visualize this." That has never happened before. I have actually had someone say to me "you are an artist". Never happened before. I am not sure that I'm comfortable with the idea of being an artist yet. I get these thoughts like how can I possible think of myself as an artist? What gives me the right to claim that title? So with these new moments of encouragement, dare I think that maybe instead of being the one that has decided it is time, maybe this time it is God that has nodded and said it is time. I suspect that when I tried before, there were other things that I needed to do and concentrate on - like my kids and rebuilding my life. But now as life is moving forward and we are settling into our new normal, I can open myself up to these new and wonderful things. ).
Here goes my friends - I'm taking a deep breath once again and jumping. A couple of years ago, my mother gave me a quote that roughly said, "when you come to the end of all that you can see, faith is knowing that when you step into the unseen, you will either step onto solid ground or you will be taught to fly." (or swim in keeping with my original story about the diving board By the way, the new camera is here!!! So I'll be able to start adding pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment